pico is fucking hot oh my pico is fucking hot oh my

These kinds of jokes stopped being funny, when?

Copying the Pico Day 2007 Flash Preloader file and slapping text on it is NOT a flash. As said in the title, these idiotic play button jokes aren't funny anymore.

trashcanman responds:

well the play button in the preloader doesnt work so just get off your ass a nd right click cause thats the way it is im afraid :(

Lazy Pirates Lazy Pirates

...famaliar song....

Lol, get the song recording from veggietales audio?
Don't ask how I know what the audio is, my little brother watches the show.
Anyways, I think the only issue I payed attention to was the pictures. They were, at many times, either chopped-up looking, or paintish. Work on the graphics, and this might be a good addition!

serus0 responds:

Will do. :D

Flicky's Adventure Flicky's Adventure

Cool!

The only thing I'd say to improve would be the graphics, the amount of detail, to be exact. And there was a glitch with the eyes-they would clip when the fuzzball looked to the sides on this one particular part. Other than that, good fight scenes, good story, good job!

I wanna be the flash game I wanna be the flash game

Problems

I know you're trying to emulate I Wanna Be the Guy. There's a basic problem, though, that make it more frustrating in a control-scheme sense.

The Kid in IWBTG is fast and manueverable. The Kid here is sluggish and can't jump around quite as well.

The agility of The Kid in IWBTG allowed one to avoid the numerous traps by a safe margin.

Here, you have to be extremely precise to not get killed by a trap. When a trap slings halfway across the screen faster than the Kid can fall from his one-pixel hitbox contact with the trap activator, there's a problem.

Also, the Kid is huge. This makes his slowness even more of a problem.

StormWinds:TLC StormWinds:TLC

Game's Bugged.

I have no idea why, but when I start a level sometimes, the game doesn't let me click on any of the usable turrets to use them. It only happened sometimes in the first stage, but it happened repeatedly in the second. The only way I could fix it was to sell the turret and then buy it again, which, one can imagine, is something I'd rather I'd NEVER do.

Otherwise, I like the concept, even if it's been done three times.

Dark Cut 3 Dark Cut 3

Too damn hard.

Yes, it's a great game, hit detection's on target, yadda yadda. I had no problems relating to programming. Just design.

There's too little time. I beat the levels out of repitition, not skill. I finish with only little precious time to spare. If I screw up on one thing, I've lost. If I don't suture all the points in one master stroke, I'm finished, no matter how perfectly I did the rest.

It's be a lot nicer if you could give us just two more seconds. The line where I fail and or succeed is too close, ending up so that I fail just as I'm about to relievingly finish. I find that frustrating; if it's intended, I understand it's for difficulty, but I'd rather not have to do everything over and over until I can do it like a robot.

The Metaphoric Art Forum The Metaphoric Art Forum

RRRRRRRRRRRRRR GOD.

THIS IS A REVIEW.

You should have stuck a huge cigar in your mouth and tried to talk through it.

Tar-filled lungs are only a small price to pay.

It also wouldn't have hurt to have more cowbell.

bigjonny13 responds:

i tried getting more cowbell, but the cows kept stampeding.

CT - Frog's Theme CT - Frog's Theme

The guy below is a zombie.

He's rotting for you.

I like how you kept the more unique, whistly sound effects. It's like buffing up the Teletubbies theme or something, doesn't lose what it originally had, but improves.

If that makes sense.

CandySoup responds:

LOL!

Sylveon Sylveon

Hey, assclowns, "This didn't take ten hours" is not a review. That's a facebook post. There's a 12,000 character limit for reviews for a reason.

Anyway, while the colors of the subject are pleasant enough, there are quite a few problems here.

The biggest one is the blurry edges. The edges of objects lack definition, and are rather bumpy.

I would recommend not playing with opacity til you have the base shades and tones down. Otherwise, you get this rather flat effect, as if somebody put dirt on a paper cutout. Trying to put down base shades and tones by layering opacity is not a good idea, generally.

While on the subject of shades and tints, shadows have more color than a straight grey. Shadows outdoors are blue, while indoors they are orangey. Implementing these colors into your shadows makes a drawing look a lot prettier.

With the grass, the way you drew it, this looks like it's somebody's lawn. If this was meant to be a shot of a natural enviornment, the grass should be in more varied lengths, with different plants interspersed with it. Not a veritable garden of different plant species mind you, just some variety. It makes a scene look a lot more alive.

The clouds also ought to be a lot more solid looking. I've never seen Cumulus clouds appear blurry to me. Unless they're cirrus, put some definition into those clouds!

A more competent artist would have a lot more to say in better ways, but that's all I have to say for now.

MICHAELLLL MICHAELLLL

Nice face

Although with the detail poured into the facial features, I think that the style used to color the hair looks a tad out of place.

Is this the Michael that does Rage Quit for Rooster Teeth?

AbominableGod responds:

Yes it is.

I don't enjoy doing hair much. It's easy to over detail it. Better to leave it a little less detailed so it's not so distracting.

Loloctopus Loloctopus

I'll have a glass of Sparkling Octopus

I really like the Octopus and everything it's associated with. I think the background really doesn't match it, though. I can tell they're supposed to be out of focus, but the style difference with the background objects isn't as appealing as the mollusk in the glass with a boat. I think that would really come alive if its background was as meticulously detailed as everything else.

So that's my two cents. Great job.

Fifty-50 responds:

Yah, I was bothered by that background as well. Although I can't think of any other background that would fit. I even had help from Tony. Thank you for reviewing.